Saturday, January 01, 2005

Hoppin' John & Turnip Greens -- Happy New Year!

Just got back from Tootie's (my 86-year old neighbor) where we feasted on Hoppin' John (black eyed peas) for luck and turnip greens (for prosperity), along with the Mexican cornbread and honey cornbread I cooked for the New Year's Day celebration. Tootie called me this morning to tell me that my butt had been dragging too long and we needed to party with the other neighbors.

Put my new lucky bamboo on the table in the kitchen and reminded myself that change is on the way, because I am making choices for change. Hope to find inspiration from other blogs, the Porch, and friends, and to be bold in my choices.

Happy New Year, all! Tootie wants a younger man in her life. She thinks I need an older man in mine. She wanted to ride out Hurricane Ivan under the grand piano in her living room with a martini and her pup Percy. Tootie is an excellent role model. Here's to Tootie, her martinis, and a new young man in her life!

No comments: